Search This Blog

Thursday 17 June 2010

Glencoe, Scotland

Dear friends and readers,

I would like to share with you my experience visiting the famous Glencoe in Scotland. I must say that the place is amazing! No one can deny the beauty of God's creation. Well, the journey took us about 3 hours from Glasgow and headed up north by car. The moment when we arrived in Glencoe, we were stunned by the beauty that lie before us! Though I do felt a little bit spooky at first, but I guess, that's the package. The place comes with its own unique history - the Glencoe massacre. I was told that where many people were killed during the massacre. I suppose that what makes the place so 'haunted'. Nevertheless, it is beautiful place that shouldn't be missed. Let's have a look at some pictures here... people say a picture worth thousand words... so see for yourself...


This view was taken from the highway. Look at the mountains and on the top of the mountains are, of course, snow! It's amazing isn't it...

This is also another view from the highway. The mountain is so high. Back home in Malaysia, we are so used to see mountain with lots and lots of trees but here in Scotland, the mountains are bare. There is hardly any trees. Well, you can climb the mountain if you like. In fact, during our visit, there were many people who went mountain climbing. Unfortunately, we were not prepared or else we could have joined them! hahhahhaha.... Don't be afraid of getting lost because you can see the whole  view. I bet the view from the peak must be splendid!


Amazing ya!


God gracious! Spooky eh!



Ahaks... it's me and the peak of the mountain. Jauh tu sebenarnya tapi biasalahkan... zoom ajelah guna nikon.


Another view from a far. Look at the mountains. Very special and abosolutely different from Malaysian tropical look. But, I do proud off our Banjaran Titiwangsa!



This is the top of the mountain of the previous picture. It is just amazing! God is Great!



Another stunning view.... when we were there, there were a group of people busy getting themselves prepared for the mountain climbing. I suppose mountain climbing is an excellent and adventurous family activity provided that your spouse and children are nature lovers. How I wish I could try... will try... someday with my kids.



I found a little stream near the mountain. The water is crystal clear but extremely cold! I do like the view, what about you?




This is the signboard at the visitor centre where we took our break and had a little souvenir shopping! Gosh I spent almost 50 pounds on souvenirs only! But, I like it....hahhahahahahaha


Overall, we really enjoyed the trip and it was amazing! I urge my friends out there, if you have got the time and money, this is the place for nature lovers. It's worth it.  There's a lot of activity can be done here or you can just simply sit down, relax and enjoy the view. There is also a chairlift station where you can get to the top of the mountain easily. No need for the tiring and arduous climbing!


Well, that's all for Glencoe. Will write more!




Yours truly,

Noor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...