Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 June 2010

A Visit to Zaanse Schans, Netherlands

Dear friends and readers,

Have you ever heard about Zaanse Schans? Well, it's an open museum which represents a true Holland's village life and its people. It is an interesting and amazing place. The scenery is splendid! A good place for your family outing too. I'd like go share some pictures with you...



These are some of the pictures at the museum - the traditional house, the windmill, the tower, the shoe factory and also the old bicycle. I just love the view. The thing that I like most is the green, open field that surround this museum. I feel free and peaceful. A view and feeling that can never be forgotten. How do you feel about this place. You know, people use to say that 'to understand one's feelings, you've got to be in her/his shoe'. I guess, you will have to see the place for yourself!



More pictures of the famous Holland windmill again! You will see many windmills (in many sizes) at this museum. You can even get to the top of the windmill with a small fee. It's a good experience especially for people like me who have never seen or touch any windmill in my whole life.... hikhikhikhik. Apart from windmills, my children are also exposed to real life chickens, goats and ducks! Look at my youngest girl, she is having fun watching and chasing the ducks and chickens. Amazingly, all the animals in this museum are human friendly. They are not afraid of us and the ducks really love cheese burgers!!!! They took and ate my girl's cheeseburgers!! hahahhahahha.... Look at the duck above, isn't she a beauty??



The above are some of the souvenirs that you can find and buy at the museum. There is a lot more and you've got to go and see or yourself. The best souvenir is Holland cheese! Yummy! I just love them. It melts in your mouth! It has different tastes. The cheese here is so Holland! Of course you can try the cheese before you buy them and you can also see how they make the cheese at the cheese factory! The smell of the cheese spreads all over the place! How sweet!

Well, I must say that this place is worth a visit. What say you?


Till we meet again.




Yours truly,

Noor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...