Search This Blog

Friday 18 June 2010

Keukenhof, Netherlands

Dear friends and readers,

Today, I shall write about my visit to the famous Keukenhoff or also known as the 'Tulip Garden'. This place has always been my favourite. Dah lama nak pergi tempat ni, akhirnya tercapai juga hasrat hati. I must say that Keukenhoff is extremely beautiful especially when all the flowers are blooming. The garden is not so big but the layout of the garden is beautiful. The entrance fees are not so bad, still affordable. Let's take a look at some pictures here....

This is the entrance of Keukenhoff. Not so grand but once you pass through the gate you'll be amazed with the beauty of the garden!


My picture at the Keukenhof gate...



The red tulips that welcomed us just after we passed by the gate. They are beautiful aren't they? I always have this passion for red... I just love red including my blood! hahahahhaaha....




The indoor tulip garden with lots of colours and varieties. You name it and you've got it. I do not know how to explain they are just amazing. I wonder, can tulips grow in Malaysia. May be I should try to grow some...



One of the famous souvenirs of Holland... the wooden shoes. Memang tak sah kalau pergi Holland tapi tak beli kasut kayu ni. So, kena beli buat kenangan. Cantik dan boleh pakai cuma agak kurang selesa sikit la. These wooden shoes come in many sizes and colours. You can also customize your shoes if you like.


The canteen at Keukenhof where we bought our lunch. The food was not bad at all. Edible lah..... though mana lah nak jumpa nasi campur or nasi kandar!!! ekekekekekeke....





This is the only windmill at Kuekenhof. The mill is very very old and still standing still. Holland is famous for its windmill. Every where you go, you'll get to see these types of windmill. Look at the inscriptions below:



Yes, you are right... 1957. It's a very old windmill. Older than me....



Red tulips.... my all time favourite...



Purple tulips... not bad too... still nice and beautiful...


Pink tulips....
There are lots more but it is impossible to post them all in here....



Orange is not bad either....




Beds of tulips.....





more tulips.... you see... tulip plants are quite tall. When you stand next to them, they measure up to your hips...



One of the fountain at Kuekenhof - very calming and soothing. My family and I spent almost the whole day in Kuekenhoff. Plus, souvenir shopping as usual. Couldn't help myself from buying all sorts of souvenirs, could I?



Well, what do you reckon? I do hope that these pictures gives a good impression of the garden itself. Indeed, Kuekenhof is a nice place for family outing. You'll be amazed by the stunning view of rural Holland village and green field plus you do not have to worry about basic facilities! The people are very warm and friendly. That's what I like about Holland. If you ask me whether I want to come again, I would certainly say YES....


That's all for now. Until we meet again.


Yours truly,

Noor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...